Enrollment & Registration

New students entering kindergarten in the 2021–22 school year must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2021. State law requires children to attend kindergarten prior to first grade.

Parents/guardians of children who reach their 5th birthday after September 1 but before October 15 may apply for Early Entrance to Kindergarten.

Entering Kindergarten in 2021?
If your child will be entering kindergarten in the fall of 2021, please complete this survey to help us get to know your child better.

New District Residents
If your family is new to our district, click here to begin the process.

Residency must be proven before your child can be enrolled. Residency is the address at which the family physically resides, keeps their personal property, receives mail, and maintains voter registration. This residency must be a street address; post office boxes are not accepted. 

Take the child’s original birth certificate and two (2) proofs of residency to the school office your child will be attending. You will have an opportunity to upload your proofs of residency during the online enrollment process; if you do this we will only need to see the original birth certificate.

Registration requires two (2) Proofs of Residency — one (1) document from each Category or two (2) documents from Category A:

Current Property Tax Statement 
A Closing Statement for Purchasing a Home 
A Mortgage Statement 
A Signed Current Residential Lease (including landlord’s name, address, and phone number; cannot be month-to-month or expiring) 
Utility Bill (WE Energies bill; water bill; cable bill) 

Credit Card Statement 
Auto or Health Insurance Statement 
Pay Stub 
Government Correspondence dated within three months of enrollment 
Driver’s License 

Current District Residents
If your student is already enrolled in one of our elementary schools and is moving to another elementary boundary area within the Germantown School District there is no need to enroll again. Your information will be forwarded to the new school. You will be asked to provide new residency information.

If you are already a family of the district and need to register another child not currently enrolled, visit your Family Access page in Skyward and click on New Student Online Enrollment to begin the process.

Leaving the District?
If you are moving OUT of the Germantown School District, please notify your school. Department of Public Instruction forms are available that will allow your child to continue to attend Germantown Schools; you will then have the opportunity to apply for Open Enrollment to continue attending Germantown schools. The forms, however, must be filled out and filed with the district office. 

attendance boundaries


Germantown participates in the state’s Open Enrollment program, in which residents can apply to attend a district other than the one in which they reside. Please note that Germantown does not offer a 4K program at this time.

The annual application period is from the first Monday in February through the last Friday in April.

Applications will be available online during the application period. Although online application is recommended, paper applications may be obtained from the state Department of Public Instruction and must be delivered (hand-delivery is recommended) to the non-resident school district.