October 29 is National Internet Day
At Tuesday’s Cyber Civics Community Session, cyber expert Zach Schramm discussed how you can keep yourself and your information safer when using the internet. From choosing a secure browser (Firefox was Zach’s top pick) to segregating your home network, attendees learned a “recipe” of ways to protect themselves and their children when online.
Here were some of Zach's key WiFi Dos and Don’ts
- Place your router in a central location.
- Make sure you keep your router up to date.
- Separate your network to include a guest option.
- For those with smart devices, keep a separate network to connect those as well.
- Set strong usernames and passwords for your router. Do not keep the factory default password!