Regular Board Meeting: June 7, 2021
- Ellen Goltry, Inna Turner, Krista Ewert, Gail Trapp, Sarah Larson, Scott Hefle, Jodi Graf, Alyssa Pollow, Melissa Thiermann, Diane Pedersen, and Jean Merry addressed the Board regarding Critical Race Theory, the ACE Committee, transparency, course offerings, hiring, curriculum online, quarantining, nondiscrimination, the 2021–22 budget, and a CRT survey.
- Carrie Berg, middle school Reading/Language Arts teacher, and students presented a testimonial video on the Circles Pilot implemented at KMS.
- Director of Teaching and Learning Brenda O’Brien provided updates on planning for a 4K program in the District beginning with the 2022–23 school year including timelines, costs, marketing, and grant funding. Parent information and marketing materials are hoped to be available by November with a January 2022 registration.
- Building Committee Chair Tracy Pawlak updated the Board on items discussed in the June 7, 2021, committee meeting including GHS roof chiller, roofing, baseball concession stand, gazebo railing, heating leak, KMS and MacArthur dugouts, a PTA-funded traverse climbing wall at Rockfield, and second shift custodial outsourcing.
- Superintendent Brett Stousland presented a continuous school planning report with updated information on COVID burden rates, contact tracing and quarantining procedures, and possible criteria for tracing, reporting, and quarantining for summer school and in the future. No action was taken but the Board will revisit all again before school starts.
- Motion by Soderberg, second by Barney to approve the revised list of Summer School contracts. Motion carried.
- Motion by Barney, second by Pawlak to approve the College Credit in High School (CCIHS) option for Honors Precalculus and Precalculus beginning with the 2021–22 school year. Motion carried.
- Motion by Loth, second by Pawlak to approve Director of Business Services Brittany Altendorf and Robert W. Baird & Co. Inc. to begin the process of refunding District existing debt. Motion carried.
- Motion by Loth, second by Pawlak to approve the preliminary 2021–22 budget. Motion carried.
- Motion by Pawlak, second by Reinemann to approve the RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING A TAXABLE TAX AND REVENUE ANTICIPATION PROMISSORY NOTE FOR CASH FLOW PURPOSES IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $5,000,000. Motion carried.
June 21: Committee/Building Committee and regular board meeting
Tentatively scheduled times: Committee Meetings (6 pm) & Board Meeting (7 pm)