Kindergarten registration for the 2016-17 school year will be held on February 24, 2016 from 9:00-3:00 and 4:30-7:00 and February 25, 2016 from 9:00-3:00 at Germantown's elementary schools and the Germantown Library on February 24 from 4:30-7:00 only. Kindergarten screening will be held May 12 and 13, and an additional day at County Line of May 11, 2016.
To register after February 2016, please call the school secretary and make alternate arrangements.You can register at any of the elementary schools.
In order to attend kindergarten in the 2016-17 school year, children must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2016. State law requires children to attend kindergarten prior to first grade. Parents are asked to supply the following registration information on February 24/25:
- Birth Certificate (Must be brought to registration)
- Two (2) Proofs of residency, such as rental agreement, utility bill, and tax bill (see examples below)
- These five (5) completed forms (click each form to print):
Please pass this information on to a friend or neighbor who might have a child ready to attend kindergarten in 2016-17.
Acceptable forms of Proof of Residency include:
- A current lease agreement for a home or an apartment with leasing agent clearly legible and a contact phone number
- Current utility bills
- An offer to purchase with a closing date prior to the start of school, mortgage documents, or occupancy permit (owning property, house in progress, etc., is not acceptable)
- Current insurance documents
- Affidavit of residence (will be subject to personal visit by district official to verify)
- Any other documentation that the district will deem appropriate proof of residency (recent tax bills, deeds, Medicaid/Badgercare, etc.).
Hotel / motel addresses are NOT acceptable, nor are PO boxes or commercial property addresses.