Thanks for your interest in Germantown Schools. Learn more about our district in our Prospective Families & Staff section of the website.
In order to attend kindergarten in the 2017-18 school year, children must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2017. State law requires children to attend kindergarten prior to first grade. Parents/guardians of children who reach their 5th birthday after September 1 but before October 15 may apply for Early Admission to Kindergarten. Read more about Early Admission to Kindergarten Read more about Kindergarten Registration
How to enroll in the Germantown School District:
- Our new process for enrollment uses Skyward New Student Online Enrollment.
- If you are the parent of a currently enrolled student, please visit your Family Access page to enroll a new student.
- If your student is already enrolled in one of our schools and is moving to a new school within the Germantown School District there is no need to enroll again. Your information will be rolled to the new school. You will be asked to provide new Residency information.
- If your family is new to our district, Click Here to begin the process.
- This process may be completed anywhere there is a computer with an internet connection that you have access to. Our individual school buildings do not have public access computers, but there are computers available for public use at the District Office.
- The address and grade level should dictate which school your child will be placed into. If you are located on a border you may see Germantown Census Entity as your school. In this case, you will be contacted by the district to notify you of your child's placement.
- Our address system is brand new, so there may be errors. If you suspect an error, please contact Justin Baumgartner at email@example.com
- You will want to have legal names, phone numbers, and addresses of any parents, guardians, or emergency contacts nearby when you work on the enrollment process. You will be able to save your progress and return at a later time.
- Bring to any school or the District Office the child's birth certificate and two (2) Proofs of residency, such as rental agreement, utility bill, and tax bill. More information can be found by Clicking Here. You will have an opportunity to upload your proofs of residency during the enrollment process, if you do this we only need to see the birth certificate.
Non-residents via Open Enrollment
Germantown participates in the state’s Open Enrollment program, in which residents can apply to attend a district other than the one in which they reside.
The annual application period is from the first Monday in February through the last Friday in April.
Applications will be available online here during the application period. Although on-line application is recommended, paper applications may be obtained from the state Department of Public Instruction and must be delivered (hand delivery is recommended) to the nonresident school district.
More information about Open Enrollment can be found on the state DPI website: http://oe.dpi.wi.gov
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free: 888-245-2732. At Germantown School District, email Jayne Borst, Open Enrollment/Chapter 220 Coordinator.